Today is the 1st day of the 12 days of Christmas Reviews & Giveaways 2012!
Do I have some exciting things for you to look forward to for the next 12 days as Christmas approaches! Be sure to check back each day for some wonderful products and PLEASE share this giveaway so that you and your friends have the best chances to win!
On the 1st day of Christmas, day2day joys gave to me…
An awesome giveaway from NaturOli, a natural & organic product line offering a variety of products from laundry soap nuts to personal care products like shampoo and moisturizers. This review & giveaway is for soap nuts/berries.
I have heard of soap nuts before but haven’t ever used them before I got to sample some from NaturOli. They look like nuts (acorns as my son said) and have a fresh aroma smell and are very simple to use.
What are soap nuts?
Soap nuts are the dried shells (or husks) from the soapberry (or soap berry nut). These berries are the fruit from a quite unique tree species. These shells contain a substance called saponin that produces a soaping effect. Saponin is a 100% natural alternative to chemical laundry detergent and cleansers. It can replace many chemical detergents such as those containing sodium laureth sulphate (SLS) that are becoming well known by consumers for being a skin irritant and health hazard. Read more here.
How do soap Nuts work?
The name Soap Nut is misleading for it is the shell that actually works. The soap nut SHELL contains and releases the saponins (soap) when it comes in contact with warm or hot water. (See directions for use in cold water.) Agitation further releases these saponins. The saponins then circulate as a natural surfactant (surface active ingredient). They break down the surface tension between water and oil in the wash water reducing the surface tension of the water aiding it in freeing dirt, grime and oils from clothes. Essentially this is the exact same fundamental principle that applies to how most detergents and soaps work. It’s simply not achieved via use of synthetic chemicals. Read more here.
Features of the Soap Nuts:
• Pure, 100% natural chemical-free laundry detergent
• EXTREMELY effective cleaning agent with absolutely NO chemicals, toxins or artificial perfumes.
• Allergy free- good for babies skin
• USDA Organic
Now for my review:
What I Liked:
- All products are safe & non-toxic
- They come is an easy to use reusable bags with directions (1 for washing, 1 for storing)
- Very unique and are eco-friendly
- I was able to teach my kids that things in nature are very useful
- They worked well from what I could tell
- You don’t have to take the bag out after clothes have been washed and it goes directly into dryer
What I didn’t Like:
- I am use to the liquid detergent (I use an all natural brand) so at first it was hard to get used to but they DO work very well
You can Buy It!
Go to NaturOli and sign up your email for their newsletter to receive upcoming specials or discounts. You can also earn 5% off on future orders here. If you don’t win, you may want to buy some of these awesome soap nuts!
Visit Nourishing Treasures to see how she broke down the cost per load of using soap nuts, as high as 20 cents per load and as low as 6 cents, both are very inexpensive! Not to mention that most commercial detergent is toxic!
|To read more about the 4 oz bag click here|