Today is the 5th day of the 12 days of Christmas Reviews & Giveaways 2012!
On the 5th day of Christmas, day2day joys gave to me…
An awesome giveaway from my comical and frugal friend Stacy Makes Cents- the author of the new ecookbook Crock On. This cookbook features 40 wholesome semi-whole foods recipes for your crockpots! Isn’t this the perfect time of year to make meals while you aren’t even home??
Anyhow, Cooking in the crockpot is something I love to do and it isn’t anything new for Stacy, about every Friday of the year she posts a crockpot recipe and I even had the chance to last year, I made Pumpkin Apple Butter… yum!
Stacy gave me a recipe form Crock On (the Upside Down Apple Pie) to review while she was making finally touches on this book and here’s what I had to say, which you can also see for yourself on page 44.
“I have a confession… I really like dessert, it’s no secret here but many people don’t know. So when Stacy asked me to review a recipe from her new book Crock On, I was delighted and ya know what, she gave me a dessert and I didn’t even ask for one. I have never ever cooked a dessert in the crock pot, didn’t even know you could do such a thing. The recipe used whole, real foods and is a healthier version of some store bought similar which are usually filled with a bunch of junk and I love trying to make healthier versions of everything. I don’t think you can go wrong adding Crock On to your cookbook collection… you’ll have plenty of dinners (and even delicious desserts) in
no timea flash!”
Features of Crock On:
- Crock On is a book made for busy families who focus on eating real food
- There are no processed canned ingredients like cream of chicken soup or alike
- The layout design is made simple: title, picture, recipe with some fun exerts from Stacy and other bloggers
- Since Stacy is a master with the crockpot you can count on these recipes being tasty and healthy
- Stacy explains the usefulness of crockpot cooking especially that it is money & time saving
The eCookbook Crock On includes these categories of recipes:
What I Liked:
- I love using the crockpot but sometimes lack planning, so using these whole food recipes will help with that
- I love the layout of each recipe, so simple and appealing
- The recipes are real food focused
- The recipe I did try (the Upside Down Apple Pie) was delightful
- I love the exerts written from Stacy, you get ot see her humor
What I didn’t Like:
You can Buy It!
Go to crockoncookbook.com and check out a little bit more about the eCookbook, if you have a blog sign up to be an affiliate, you’ll earn 50%! Best of all, buy your copy today and receive 15% off, use the code JOY15. Enter below for your chance to win! If you don’t win, you may want to buy this eCookbook! If you do win, you also might want to gift it to a friend or family member!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
(if you are reading this in an email, please click on link above)
What’s your favorite thing to cook in the crockpot?