I’ve been seeing the Ranch commercials a lot lately! Every time I see them I cringe to think about not only the bad ingredients such as MSG, artificial flavors, disodium phosphate, etc. that are toxic in our bodies but also the high price. This dressing is a part of our culture today…. everyone, everywhere knows what Ranch is, especially here in America.
Did you know how simple making your own dips & dressings can be?
It’s so simple and easy to make you will wonder why you never made your own in the first place. Here is a recipe for homemade honey mustard, one of my all-time favorites! For this ranch dip/dressing it depends on how much you are going to make to determine the amount. If you are making a dip for a party and need a lot, make a lot, if you need some for a day or two, make a little.
What you need:
mayo (we sub use vegenaise)
plain yogurt or sour cream
salt & pepper to taste
water or milk needed to make a dressing
What to do:
- Determine how much you dip or dressing you are going to make.
- Mix equal parts mayo and yogurt
- Pour in a dash of the onion & garlic powders, and parsley. For a large batch about 1 tablespoon+ of each, for a small batch about 1 teaspoon+ of each. (This is solely determined on your taste)
- Add in salt & pepper and mix well.
- Up to step 4, you have made a dip, to make a dressing, simply add in a few tablespoons of water or milk and stir, add in more depending on your desired consistency.
- Enjoy with your favorite veggies or salad! or even some ranch chicken