Growing up during the holidays we always had pie at family gatherings along with all the other sweets. And we always had cool whip to top them but It really was the combination that had to go together.
Still to this day, I love to top my pie (pumpkin is my favorite) with whipped cream. Instead of buying the little tub in the frozen section, we make our own. It only takes a couple minutes and it tastes a lot better!
What you need:
- 1 C heavy cream (dairy or coconut)
- 1 t spoonable stevia (or a tablespoon of another type of sweetener)
- 1/2 t pure vanilla extract
What to do:
- Gather ingredients, a mixing bowl and a hand mixer
- Pour cream into bowl, turn your hand mixer to high, mix for about 3-4 minute or until you can form peaks
- Add in vanilla, sweetener and variations below if you’re adding them, mix again for 10-15 seconds
- Top your favorite pie or holiday treat and enjoy!
- To store, put into a glass container with an airtight lid. Store in freezer for a couple months or in fridge for a couple weeks.
- Chocolate whipped cream- add 2 T cocoa powder to recipe
- Peppermint whipped cream- add 2 drops of peppermint extract or ingest-able essential oil to recipe
- Cinnamon whipped cream- add 2 t cinnamon to recipe
- Fruity whipped cream- add 3 T pureed/mashed fruit to recipe (example strawberries, blueberries, bananas)